Focus on deep cavities
- GWR 5x with carbide shank and central air system from a diameter of 10mm.
Above all, the new range of tool holders with carbide shanks offers longer tool life and greater process reliability in the milling of deep cavities and on 5-axis applications. The tapered tool holders will suit all common draft angles of workpieces. An additional advantage is the optimized seat for the insert that leads to a significant improvement in rigidity and stability even if the chips can not extract 100% of the temperature from the cutting process. The tool holders are available in diameters of 6 to 16 millimetres – from 10 millimetres with a central air channel – and can be combined with Kieninger indexable inserts of various geometries.
Overview of features:
- Solid carbide shank offering extreme rigidity and vibration damping
- Maximum quality achieved by tight runout tolerance and balancing
- Tapered shank for maximum stability
- Ideal for 5-axis applications
- Optimized flutes providing improved rigidity
- Extremely accurate seat manufactured from high strength steel
- Especially suited for heat shrink technology